**For this and any other multi-person game, please practice safe social distancing and proper health guidelines.
Pros and Con
(as many players as desired)
1) Using as many players as desired, form a single-file line line (with each person being at least 6 feet away from the person in front of them) from the front of the playing space to the back of the playing space. (Players are lined up, one behind another, all facing the audience.)
2) Give the first player in the line a subject, object, or person’s name with which to work. It is the first player’s job to talk positively (or “pro”) about their given subject, object, or person for a designated amount of time. (20-30 seconds is a good length of time. Someone can serve as the time-keeper, or you may use a timer, set to the desired amount of time.)
3) At the end of the designated amount of time, the time-keeper will say, “switch,” at which point the first person in line stops talking, and turns to the player behind them to give that person another subject, object, or person’s name. The first player either returns to their seat in the “audience area,” or goes to the (back) end of the line.
4) Once players have switched spots, the second player in line will now be at the front of the line. It is their task to talk about their given subject, object, or person in a negative (or “con”) fashion for the designated amount of time.
5) This continues, with players alternating “pro” and “con” as the line moves from player to player, until all of had a turn.
(Hints: It is usually best to advise the players not to suggest subjects which may be controversial in nature, as this may make others uncomfortable, thus defeating the idea of team building or playing. Additionally, it is often wise to avoid suggesting names of celebrities or character names from pop culture, as not everyone will know that person of whom they’re asked to speak.)