Reporting to the CEO, the Renaissance seeks a Development Manager.
The ideal candidate is an organized, highly motivated self-starter with an interest in the arts and a functional understanding of non-profit fund development. The Development Manager position supports the CEO in cultivating and soliciting donors, planning and implementing stewardship efforts, and securing corporate and foundation gifts and sponsorships through job duties such as, but not limited to:
- Donation processing (data-entry, filing, and mailing) and annual campaign/grant tracking.
- Donor database maintenance, prospect research, and mailing list creation.
- Administrative tasks which include:
- Scheduling appointments and follow-up for sponsorship meetings and other donor-related campaigns.
- Board communication and quarterly report organization/analytics.
- Community Outreach availability.
- Managing mail/online/email communications with donors and assisting in the development and execution of annual campaigns.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Positive, professional attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and ease in learning new software, experience in CRM and/or donor management software a plus.
Bachelor’s degree and knowledge/experience in not-for-profit organizations required, or equivalent combination of experience and education. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent management, organizational, interpersonal communication skills, and individual initiative; candidate will have the ability to take direction, but work independently on multiple projects, and must be a team player. Professional behavior is expected at all times: punctual and reliable, respectful to authority, cooperative with staff, professional attire. A genuine affinity for the mission & values of the organization is a plus.