The Renaissance seeks an undergraduate student for a summer-long internship in Production/Technical Offices. The position will run from Tuesday, June 11 through Friday, August 9, 40 hours per week, Tuesday-Friday inclusive of many evenings and a few weekends. The stipend for this internship is $4,200, inclusive of wages and payroll taxes.
The Production Intern will assist with all aspects of preproduction/production of the 2019 summer musical. The internship will be extremely hands-on and will be mentored by Renaissance artistic and technical staff. Stage management and technical theatre duties include:
1. Organizing rehearsal materials
2. Managing and organizing rehearsals and cast
3. Overseeing all aspects of rehearsal
- Keep track of cast attendance - absentees and lateness
- Rehearsal set up/clean up, prop set up, general stage maintenance
- Stage crew duties - working backstage or in the booth during the production
- Preproduction duties - set and prop building and painting, assisting costumer, assisting sound, lighting and set designer and general cleanup and maintenance.
The ideal candidate is motivated and mature, able to work both autonomously and with a team, is task-driven, and possesses strong communication skills.
1. Basic carpentry
3. Office/computer skills
4. General theatre knowledge (lighting/sets/props/costumes/flies)
Professional behavior is expected at all times:
1. Punctual and reliable
2. Respectful to authority
3. Cooperative with staff
4. Appropriate attire
5. Enjoys working in a theatre environment
It is the mission of the Renaissance Performing Arts Association to engage, educate, and inspire our community by creating memorable experiences.