1. First organized in 1982, the Mansfield Symphony Youth Orchestra program includes students from over 20 schools, representing Richland, Ashland, Crawford, Wayne, Morrow, Huron, Marion, Holmes, Seneca, and Wyandot counties.
2. The only youth orchestra program in this part of Ohio, the MSYO numbers roughly 90 players, primarily in grades nine through twelve. Nearly 100% of members study privately.
3. The Youth Orchestra rehearses September through May on Monday evenings. Rehearsals take place at Lexington High School.
4. The group performs two "formal" concerts at the historic Renaissance Theatre in Mansfield. Concerts include a wide range of the world's greatest classical music, along with some more contemporary styles.
5. All members of the Youth Orchestra must be members of their own school band and/or orchestra, if applicable.
6. Auditions consist of a 2-minute solo or etude of your choice and the audition music provided.
7. Upon acceptance, tuition fee is $50 per year. Scholarships are available.