We believe that the arts are a central medium of human connection and understanding, touching lives in profound ways and serving as a critical component to a healthy, thriving community. The arts have both intrinsic and instrumental benefits, fostering civic engagement, stimulating economic activity, illuminating our inner lives, and building bridges between one mind and another.
Our values are the backbone of this work. They underlie everything we do, from how we interact with each other as a team to which strategies we choose to fulfill our mission. While the world changes around us, our values don’t waver – they remain the practices that we use every day, in everything we do. We want our mission to be part of the fabric of the community, and these are the factors that will help us achieve that:
- Creativity – We foster the artistic development of established, emerging, and aspiring artists. We know that creativity takes courage – we take smart risks, we learn, and we change.
- Diversity, Equity, and Belonging – We know that the arts break down barriers and bring communities together. Our role is to provide opportunities for shared artistic experiences, inspiring a welcoming and engaging environment for people of all ages and backgrounds, and celebrating those qualities that make us unique. We believe in art for all – everyone deserves equal access to a vibrant life.
- Excellence – We recognize that the arts are a strategic resource with a direct economic impact, and we strive to be that catalyst for the community by prioritizing the highest quality of artistic and enrichment programming through distinctive, multi-disciplinary offerings for all.
- Experience & Connection – Our work brings light to lives and enriches our personal worlds. The arts foster reflectiveness and understanding of oneself, and they provide for the basic human need for captivation and connection with others.
- Learning – We believe in lifelong learning. The arts not only teach us about who we are as humans, but they also stimulate development in a multitude of ways, improve overall academic performance, and show a direct correlation between arts-based learning and enhanced student achievement.
- Leadership – We aspire to excellence in governance, maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and leadership among the entire Renaissance team, and we will exceed the expectations of our stakeholders because we know that they are the key to our future and our ability to contribute to the long-term innovative capacity of our community.
- Imagination – We celebrate ingenuity and new connections. We encourage originality, flexibility, and innovation, and believe that our community is stronger when we work collaboratively and creatively.
- Trust – Like the old improv rule, we use “Yes, and…” to accept our teammates’ contributions and expand on them together. We value teamwork and an internal culture of support, innovation, and cooperation. The trust of our community rests on our ability to take ownership of both successes and failures while operating with integrity and fostering an environment of responsibility for positive outcomes.
Our Board of Directors
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Mechanics Bank
Park National Bank, Trust & Investments
Marketing Manager, OhioHealth Mansfield and Shelby Hospitals
CPA, KM&M, LLP
Director, Avita Health Foundation
Owner, Controls Component and Systems Company
Corporate Consultant: private and public
Ary van Harlingen
Owner, Shaw and Ott Medical